Our Dear Students,
Your well-being is a major concern for us at WJF, especially now that we are witnessing a worldwide outbreak of the corona virus (COVID-19). We want you to stay safe! Therefore, we urge you to take these World Health Organization (WHO) and common sense recommendations very seriously:
- - Regular hand washing with soap and running water for at least 20-30 seconds
- - Covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
- - Thoroughly cooking meat and eggs
- - Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing
- - If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected COVID-19 infection.
- - Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing
- - Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- - If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
- - Avoid crowded areas
For more information on the virus and how to protect yourself and your surroundings, you may check the WHO website
The virus outbreak forced you out of your classrooms; they were suspended this morning for at least one week. In the meantime, we recommend you use your time wisely such as:
- - Contact your instructors asking them for future or extra material
- - Use online resources to strengthen and deepen your understanding of topics covered in class or learn new topics; some of them are free for all
- - Read! catch up on your reading list or start one
- - Learn a new skill (coding, excel for managers, public speaking, etc)
- - Prepare your cv
- - Research job postings and prospects for when you graduate
- - Plant a tree or two, a few seeds and help them grow
If you need more information, our experts are ready to recommend further readings, skills, or activities. We are always standing by you.